Red Banyan is always on the lookout for talented PR professionals to join our growing team. If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please forward your resume to Vice President of Operations, Robbin Lubbehusen, at [email protected].
Public Relations Senior Account Manager – Washington, D.C. office
Results, Integrity, Commitment/Can-Do Attitude, Accountability and Speed. Those are our five core values at Red Banyan. We are a dynamic, young and growing public relations firm that delivers results for our clients and helps them achieve their business goals.
Our clients include the leading pro-Israel organizations in the country, as well as a fascinating mix of corporate clients from a diverse range of industries.
If you are simply looking for a job or in need of work, then please do not apply. For us, it’s not really “work” to wake up every day excited about what lies ahead. We truly love what we do and it shows.
Red Banyan is currently looking for a passionate, energetic and positive team player with the same skill, creativity and enthusiasm that we bring to every single one of our engagements.
If this sounds like you, then we should talk.
To be considered, you must include your resume and salary history/requirements. You also must send us an essay of fewer than 450 words providing concrete examples of ways you have demonstrated our core values in your own life.
More About Red Banyan and the Senior Account Manager position
Red Banyan is a public relations and strategic communications firm combining substantive understanding of complex issues with the experience and skills to execute campaigns that deliver results. Specializing in crisis and high-stakes PR, Red Banyan provides an integrated approach to communicating rooted in strategy. We service a fascinating array of clients in Florida and around the country. The position features tremendous opportunities for advancement, as well as flexible work arrangements.
The Senior Account Manager possesses the experience and skills to execute public relations campaigns and to deliver crisis counseling when needed. He/She must also demonstrate the capacity to consistently think and act strategically and proactively.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead and manage client teams, serving as the client-facing representative of Red Banyan
• Monitor, engage and provide strategic counsel to clients
• Develop strategic and creative integrated PR initiatives
• Fulfill tactical plans for clients
• Lead brainstorming efforts for events, outreach and other ways to add value for clients
• Collaborate with team members to produce high-quality client deliverables and to fulfill all day-to-day client project work
• Develop, maintain and strengthen strong relationships with clients
• Attend meetings with clients, as required
• Follow key trends by keeping abreast of each client’s industry, competition and coverage
• Create and maintain targeted press lists
• Proactively identify, pitch story topics to journalists and follow-up with editorial opportunities
• Consistently conceive of new and interesting opportunities to secure media coverage
• Draft a variety of communications documents including news releases and pitch letters, op-eds, feature articles, blogs, web content, memos and marketing collateral
• Schedule press releases on distribution services
• Develop and maintain successful relationships with journalists, bloggers, influencers while also uncovering new outlets and opportunities for clients
• Handle incoming media inquiries and achieve best possible outcome for clients
• Oversee and be fully responsible for monthly and quarterly client reporting
• Keep track of impending deadlines and ensure all work is completed in a timely manner
• Track/enter time in a precise and timely manner
• Proofread and edit for style materials written by other team members
Education or Equivalent
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 7+ years of high-level strategic communications experience (agency, in-house or other relevant experience will be considered)
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Crisis preparedness/response experience, including demonstrated efforts to mitigate risk and protect reputations
• Project management skills
• Ability to move quickly, troubleshoot and problem solve
• Trusted to discreetly and competently handle confidential and sensitive client information
• Mid-level working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products
• Knowledge of industry specific tools (i.e. Cision, Vocus, PRWeb, etc.)